I recently came across a unique proposition by a nutritionist (Jane Cole-Hamilton) from Ontario in Canada. In order to relieve stress, you need to know which brain hemisphere is stressed. Note the following:
If you feel depressed or emotional overwrought, your stress is in the right hemisphere -- the creative, emotional, holistic side.
The remedy? Switch to your matter-of-fact left hemisphere by doing maths, writing factual prose or organising. The emotional right brain will calm down.
If you feel time-stressed and overburdened, the left hemisphere is involved.
The remedy? Switch to your right brain by singing, playing music or playing sport.
Maybe it's worth a try next time...
Dr Darryl's Blog
Darryl Cross - Friday, April 22, 2011
- Productivity Falls with Stress
- Step at a Time
- Websites and their Privacy Statements: What Privacy?
- Where is the Down-Time?
- Role Model for Teaching Children
- Leadership Skills are not Genetic
- Leaders Beware: You're only as good as those around you
- What makes the best teacher?
- New Year's Resolutions. Just a Party Trick or What?
- You might Swear by it, but...
Social Media Life Transitions Cyberbullying cybersafety Values self-confidence Stress Brain Gender Change Leadership Career Guidance